12th October 2018
Hi everyone! Hope that you’re all well! There’s been lots of information out for all the various things that are happening and being planned since we’ve started back in September, after a busy Summer Holidays we’ve hit the ground running and all system’s are still GO!
Today I’ve finally had a moment to sit and get all this information and reminders typed up in one place; there are a couple of new things in this newsletter, but mostly this is recapping information that’s been out through Facebook and Notice Boards at the studio. So let’s get to it! 😀
Exam dates: Monday 22nd – Friday 26th October – Please arrive one hour before your exam.
Exam Uniform: Tap –
- Black Tap Leotard (Short Sleeve up to Grade 2, Long Sleeve after that)
- Black Tap Trousers
- Black Socks
- Tap Shoes
- Hair in French plait
Exam Uniform: Modern –
- Coloured Modern leotard (Bluebell upto Grade 4, Magenta Grade 5+)
- Black Lycra Shorts
- Tan Jazz Shoe / Bare Feet
- Hair in 2 French plaits
Exam Uniform: Ballet –
- Coloured Ballet Leotard (Rose with Skirt for Primary, Rose for Grade 1-4, Indigo Grade 5+)
- White Ballet Belt for Grade 1 and up.
- Pink Socks Primary-Grade 2, Pink Tights Grade 3+
- Satin ballet shoes for all grades. (With ribbons grade 2+)
- Hair in a high ballet bun.
Festival Date and Running Order
Sunday 21st October, Ripley Academy School (Theatre & Sports Building, up the road from JLDance)
Please aim to arrive one hour before the start of your section (45minutes before if you are in the first section of the day.) A finished and final running order will be out online tonight.
Please remember T-Shirts are available by pre-order only from the studio, and on the day of the festival there will be a tuck-shop selling light refreshments.
- Dressers: Our dressers who will be back-stage at Midlands are: Rachel Bland and Rebecca Bailey for Tots, Eran Warren and Aimee Howes for Juveniles, Kym Sewell and Julie Bamford for Juniors. Eva Shapcott & Jenna Beard will also be on hand on the day. Thank you ladies for arranging this amongst yourselves, it’s very helpful and much appreciated! 🙂
- The dressers would like to ask that every student check their costumes and accessories as soon as possible, please don’t leave it til Saturday night to realise something has gone missing! If there is anything the dressers need to know about your child please tag them in a post on Facebook or email firstname.lastname@example.org and I can pass the information on privately.
- Please also be sure to label everything you bring with you where possible, and lastly, when arriving at the festival, please have hair and make-up done as you usually would for shows and comps (If you’re new to this please ask! Lot’s of parents will be able to advise you.) Don’t forget to bring tights, bun nets, pins, lipstick, gel spray etc in your bags!
Disney Rehearsal dates: Times still to be confirmed.
- Sunday 18th Nov ’18 (Next term!)
- Sunday 9th Dec’ 18 (Next term!)
- Sunday 20th Jan ’18
- Sunday 10th Feb ’19
- Sunday 19th May ’19
- Saturday 25th May ’19
We are hosting our annual Mulled Wine and Mince Pie event (Mini Christmas Market): on Sunday 25th November 10am-3.30pm – Entry is free! Come along and see what’s on offer just before we dive into December! Full info on the event page here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1899750606760173/
Another date for your diary, our 2018 Christmas Party and Presentation Evening! This year’s Christmas Party is on Saturday the 8th of December at Belper Town Football Club (Address: Christchurch Meadow, Bridge Street, Belper DE56 1BA) Party starts at 6:45pm. As always the Christmas Party will be an excuse to celebrate all that’s been achieved through-out the year! There will be music dancing games presentations awards and most importantly, a bar and a buffet! (Please let us know about any dietary requirements, and the caterers will make sure there are suitable options kept aside!) Ticket Price: (available from reception next term) £6 Adults | £4 Children (u16). (More info here: https://www.facebook.com/events/2020267838252797/)
Reminder: Show setting Timetable has been available at the studio and on Facebook for a couple of weeks; there is now also a version available on www.jldance.co.uk/timetable incase anybody has lost their print off or unable to find it in Facebook.
- Please take a moment to remind us what lessons you will be in next term by completing the online form on the following link as soon as possible, https://jldance.co.uk/showterm/ This action is only required once a year and will save you time next term by ensuring that your child’s lesson choices are correct. (Please remember any changes to usual lesson choices must be discussed with Teachers first. If you are in for exams this term please also remember to assume that you will be going up one grade next term, and that during next term Ballet Grade classes are mandatory for all students who study Ballet and are taking part in the Show. If you are in a Ballet Showclass you must also do the appropriate Ballet Grade class, as usual every year.)
Show date reminders: Online here www.jldance.co.uk/events (please remember there was a change to the day and venue for the last show weekend. What was Saturday 23rd March at Belper Theatre is now Sunday 24th March at Derby Theatre)
Update to payment methods: By next term (if there are no technical difficulties!) all invoices will include a ‘click here to pay online’ option. Everyone will have the option to pay directly from their card instead of having to access online banking and complete a bank transfer. Paying in this new method will also instantly generate a receipt so you know that your payment has been received.
Show costume despots and payments are also planned to go onto this new system to make record keeping much easier for you and us.
Provisional Exam Session 2019 (cannot be officially requested until January) we are hoping for 20th-24th May.
Musical Theatre students, to help you keep your lyrics safe and hopefully to remind you to bring them with you every Tuesday, we are ordering some branded popper wallets which will keep your documents safe! Every song you learn should be kept as this is building your repertoire or songs so please keep your lyrics safe! Wallets should be with us for next week and will be £1.50 from reception.
That’s it for this one,
Any questions please get in touch! email@example.com
Take care everyone!